Monday, March 16, 2009

New Life: Day 1

AM: 4 miles
15 mins. core
PM: 76 mins.
10-10.5 miles

This morning Tanya and I celebrated the beginning of our new lives. Basically this consists of not eating candy all the time, not snacking late at night and eating more fruits and vegetables. Well, she already eats plenty of fruits and vegetables...that last part was for me. At any rate, we both rose early and took care of our morning workouts--I did four miles easy and she aqua jogged/swam--then we took a trip down the street to the grocery store and came home to do some core. She made us oatmeal with blueberries, strawberries, almonds and brown sugar for breakfast. So far so good.

In the afternoon, I joined the team at McAlpine for a very muddy slog. By the time Jess and I finished our jaunt we were pretty much splattered from hamstring to foot. Guess that's to be expected since it's been raining on and off in Charlotte since Friday. My left hammy was pretty tight by the end, but after Jeff did some work on me he determined that my low back is much more jacked up than my legs...probably a correlation there. I'm not sure what I can do about it in the long term, but for now I'm going to keep putting Jeff to work on a regular basis.

0 comments: