Monday, March 9, 2009

Jordan's Almost a Real Runner Again

AM: 47 mins.
6+ miles
PM: ~50 mins.
6-7 miles

Today's runs were fairly standard for me, but pretty significant for Jordy considering that he hasn't doubled since pre-injury. Fortunately I run slow enough to keep him from getting too crazy, and he didn't complain of pain at any point. I'm stoked to see him on the road to recovery (mostly because it means he won't be in a bad mood all the time) and am looking forward to enlisting his help on tomorrow morning's workout.

Not a whole lot else to report. We did part of our morning run in Sutton Woods, which meant we had soft surfaces and a respite from the wind. In the evening I doubled from OK Runner through Brookhaven, and was joined for the second half by Jordan, Scotty and their friend Carrot Top (he has a real name but I don't actually know what it is). I turned back a few minutes early due to tired legs and an upset stomach, opting instead to stretch while I awaited their return.

Upon arriving back at Jordan's apartment, he proceeded to prepare us a delicious pancake-and-egg dinner. What's remarkable about this is that he is currently lacking a mixing bowl, forks and a spatula, among other things. Good to know that a coffee pot and spoons can be used improvisationally in this and similar situations.

0 comments: