Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stanford Pre-Race Workout

AM: 4 miles
15 mins. core
PM: 10 mins. active stretching
2 mile w/u + drills, strides
Target: 2x1200 @10k pace (5:40-5:45); 2x400
Actual: 4:15 (5:40 pace); 4:13; 71.8; 71.4
2 mile c/d
Total: 6 miles

Today's workout was designed to be light and easy, an opportunity to get my legs accustomed to the pace I will (hopefully) be running Friday night. As I was warming up I could tell that the wind would be pretty real on the backstretch, and I silently offered up thanks that I wasn't running a "real" workout. Could've been brutal. As it was, the breeze was quite daunting, and made the 1200s a bit more difficult than I was expecting. Don't get me wrong; they weren't difficult, but it didn't feel as though I was jogging like I'd (naively?) hoped. Oh well. Opening up the stride on the 400s felt pretty good, and I finished the workout feeling cautiously optimistic about Friday.

0 comments: