Monday, March 30, 2009

Back to Work

AM: 4 miles
15 mins. core
PM: 59 mins. + 4x10 sec. hill sprints
8 miles

Today Jeff showed me my training for the next month, which looks to be pretty intense. We're introducing a few new elements, such as a new core routine, new strength routine in the gym and a group of short, intense hill sprints within my Monday run. My long runs are also ratcheting up to the 16-18 mile range, effective this weekend. When I lay it all out like that it sounds like a lot, but I'm excited to mix things up a bit and challenge my body in a few new ways.

My runs today were decent and I almost feel back to normal. Tomorrow I will be running a few miles uptempo (but not hard enough to designate it a "workout") and then meeting Jeff in the gym to learn a few new moves. Should be a fun time.

0 comments: