Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Nothing But Blue Skies

AM: 4 miles
PM: 62 mins. + 6x30m strides
8+ miles

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day, with a hint of spring on the horizon. I must admit, it was a little strange to watch the weather forecast and see mid-70s on tap for the weekend while we still have traces of snow on the ground outside, but I'm all for it. Just a few more days of studying and homework before kicking off what promises to be a fantastic spring break...I would be lying if I claimed I wasn't getting antsy. My legs are still a bit heavy from Monday evening's long run, but Jess and I kept the pace relaxed on our afternoon jog and I felt better at its end. Other than some residual (one might say chronic) hamstring tightness I've got no complaints.


On a bittersweet note, I received several very thoughtful messages from friends and former Brooks coworkers today who were embarking on a trip to Seattle for Guru Symposium. Including our bi-annual sales meetings and these types of training meetings, we typically made the trek out west 3-4 times per year, and this marked the first time I was absent. These kiddos are some of my best friends, and a part of me wishes I could be there as well. Here's to hoping they have a great time--but not too great--without me.


Group photo from my very first symposium, Feb. 2007. Great times with great people.

0 comments: