Friday, August 1, 2008

Feeling Notso Hotso

AM: 40 mins.
5.5 miles
PM: 30 mins.
4 miles

I woke up this morning with a serious stomachache. Not sure what it was from, could've been something I ate or my tap water (which I've had my doubts about for some time). Nonetheless, since I had a workout scheduled, I decided to drive out to the river anyway and hope for a miracle to transpire while en route. It didn't. I made the executive decision not to even attempt the workout, and instead wogged a (vaguely nauseous) five or so miles on the dirt loop.

Though my stomach situation was still a bit tenuous, I decided to double in the evening to help make up some of the missed mileage from this morning. Went out and back on the Freedom Trail along Ponce at a relaxed pace. The peanut butter guy was conspicuously absent, which disproves my dad's theory that he was perhaps a very lifelike piece of artwork.

Since the workout isn't too difficult (an 8-mile cut down starting at 7 min. pace) and our "long" run Sunday isn't really that long (12 miles), I feel pretty good about running the workout tomorrow instead of today. Hopefully a solid night's sleep and the peanut butter M&Ms I'm currently eating will alleviate any lingering stomach issues.

0 comments: