Saturday, August 16, 2008

Slingin' Shoes

32 mins.
4 miles

After finally recovering from the emotional roller coaster that was yesterday's travel experience, I was ready for a relaxing Saturday in Norman. Unfortunately, that's not what I got. Jordan and I ran 4 easy in the morning and planned to do another hour or so in the evening. He was scheduled to work at OK Runner, and lured me to the store as well on the premise that we would leave when things started to die down. Instead, we ended up participating in one of OK Runner's top sales days ever. From the moment we walked in at 10am until the moment the store closed we were absolutely slammed. Gus, Sarah, Jordan and myself were working nonstop and could've used at least one other person.

Needless to say, by the end of the day we were all exhausted and Jordan and I had no desire to go run. We opted for dinner and swirls at the mont with Gus and his wife Anna and called it a day. Since this is such a low mileage day I won't end up coming close to the 85 miles I expected to hit this week, but sometimes real life takes precedence over running.

0 comments: