Sunday, August 10, 2008

Chattahoochee Long Run

1 hour 44 mins.
~14.5 miles

After getting a late start this morning, then having to wait in a line of cars to enter the Cochran Shoals parking lot for 15 minutes (how I love the weekend warriors that screw things up for the rest of us), I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was still only 68 degrees outside at 8:45am. Thus, my long run was much more enjoyable than those in recent memory. I basically did my usual "long run at the river" route: one 5k dirt loop, half a loop then out to Columns Drive, out and back to Johnson Ferry on Columns, back to the starting point, then another 5k dirt loop to finish it off.

Truthfully the only negative part of this run was my left hamstring. It's still quite tight, and I had to stop several times to stretch it out because it kept locking up. I put in a call to a massage therapist that Jeff C. recommended the other day, but she still hasn't called me back and therefore I still have no appointment scheduled. I might try to call someone else tomorrow to see if I can get in ASAP.

Finished the last 5k in ~21 minutes, which isn't breaking any land speed records but felt like a solid effort.

0 comments: