Thursday, August 21, 2008

Taking it to the West Side

AM: 75 mins.
10 miles

PM: 27 mins.
~4 miles


Bridge connecting the Sammamich River bike path

After getting in an easy ten miles this morning, I headed off to the airport to catch my 11:30 flight. I'm happy to report that my travel experience was much smoother and less stressful than last week, albeit just about as long. I'd forgotten that it takes five hours to travel from Atlanta to Seattle, even on a nonstop flight. After arriving, my already long afternoon was exacerbated by having to wait over two hours for my friend/coworker/HTC teammate Genevieve to arrive from Boston. By the time we made it to the luxurious Country Inn and Suites down the street from our corporate office, I was hungry enough to gnaw my arm off. It was only 5pm here but felt like 8 to my confused body, and the last thing I wanted to do was go for a run. However, Gen and Carson (one of our bosses who was kind enough to come pick us up) had not run yet, so we set out for a quick jaunt on the bike path. I stole a tasty fresh-baked cookie from the hotel lobby just before we left, and I'm convinced that's what gave me the energy to make it through. Not to mention how much nicer the weather is--what a treat to finish a run not dripping with sweat! Hood to Coast starts tomorrow evening, so I plan on getting in a nice shakeout run in the morning and then preparing for the big weekend.

0 comments: