Monday, August 25, 2008

Red Eye Hangover

45 mins.
6 miles

If I had to use one adjective to describe today, it would be "groggy." Courtesy of the Tylenol PM I took on the tarmac last night, I slept through my entire flight from Seattle to Atlanta. That's the good part. The bad part is, all I wanted to do for the rest of the day was continue sleeping. However, after a brief nap, I busied myself catching up with office work and other Brooks-related business. It poured rain on and off throughout the day and for a moment I considered not running at all. Then around 4:30 there was a break in the clouds so I headed out for a quick Candler Park loop. My body feels fine with the exception of my quads, which are quite sore and painful to the touch. I contemplated getting a massage but I'm scared to apply any pressure to the area for fear I would scream and cry like a little girl. Instead I'm content to take it pretty easy for the next few days until I feel recovered.

0 comments: