Sunday, August 3, 2008

Week in Review

71-72 miles
several long walks
5 AFD (alcohol free days)

I feel pretty good about the mileage and the "new life" this week, as it was just what I needed to ease back into training mode after last week's down time. The workouts increase markedly both in distance and intensity next week, and Jilane and I are doing a bit of creative scheduling to work them around social and job-related conflicts, so we'll see how things go. As of now, the only nagging issue is my left hamstring, but I'm hoping that more stretching and ice baths like the one I took today can help remedy the situation.

Somewhat unrelated, I want to share with you a link to the message given by Louie Giglio in church today. It's rather lengthy, so if you don't have time to view the entire thing, I would suggest starting at roughly the halfway point where he picks up a girl named Ashley's diary and begins to tell her story. Actually, Ashley is a runner so I suppose that's how I can attempt to make this somewhat relevant. The message she inspires about grace, love and living life to its fullest every day is something we can all take to heart. I dunno, maybe it's because this came at the end of an emotional week for me, but for some reason her story and Louie's message impacted me profoundly. It can be found here:
http://www.northpointministries.org/player/player.jsp?occurrenceID=3109.

To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run
--Tenth Avenue North

0 comments: