Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Doubling Up

AM: 78 mins.
~10.5 miles
PM: 30 mins.
4 miles

My second attempt to meet up with Meredith at the river proved successful. I met her and Jim around 7:30 after already having gotten in ~30 minutes on my own and we headed up into the trails. The terrain was quite muddy and uneven in some parts, thanks to 72 straight hours of rain, and the steep ascents felt especially arduous on my still-fatigued legs. That said, it was so enjoyable to run with the two of them and get to know them both better. I'm hoping we can get into a regular meeting routine soon.

Did a quick Highlands loop in the evening. The rain seems to be on its way out and has been replaced with an autumn-like breeze, which feels quite nice. The August weather hasn't been as bad as I'd feared, and I can't wait for the season to segue permanently into fall.

0 comments: