Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Windy Wednesday

72 mins.
10.5 miles
Wind: 14mph gusting at 23mph

Like last week, in keeping with our new "quality over quantity" mantra, today's recovery run involved an uptempo second half. Also like last week, Jordan joined me for my uptempo section as his warmup before embarking on his own faster effort, this time with Scotty in tow.

You may have noticed that I included the wind speed up top for the first time in a while. That's because, believe it or not, the wind hasn't been much of a factor the past week. However, you can see that was unfortunately not the case today. Whether it was due to the wind or to my residual fatigue from yesterday, I struggled much more in the latter miles than I did last week. Without Scotty and Jordan pulling me along I'm certain I would've called it quits and wogged home after the 4th mile. Instead, thanks to their assistance I was able to hunker down and grind out splits of 6:32, 6:23, 6:28, 6:27, 6:25.

0 comments: