Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Reason to Live

59 mins.
8 miles

After chatting with Jeff today, it looks like I have one more race on the agenda before taking a bit of a summer break: the Boomtown Days Half Marathon in Joplin, MO on June 13th. I found out about this race purely by coincidence; my mom met the race director at a hospital in Joplin while she was visiting my grandpa after a recent surgery. My grandparents have lived there for the past 10-15 years, so I've spent my fair share of holidays and "vacations" in the "Show Me State." The race offers a pretty sweet cash breakdown of $1000/$600/$400, which of course I cannot partake of, but that's where Jordan comes in. He will also be training for this event and hopefully pocketing some sweet moolah for his troubles. Though I won't be eligible for any prize money, I'm excited about putting in a fairly intense training block for the next five weeks and (hopefully) notching a respectable time in the race.

That said, we have our first workout on tap tomorrow after an easy single run today. It looks like neither Jordan nor I will have many double runs during this training block, which leaves us feeling somewhat lazy, but we're planning to fill our evenings with other activities like tennis and drinking.

0 comments: