Saturday, May 23, 2009

Easy Run on the GT

AM: 45 mins.
6 miles
PM: 30 mins. tennis

For the first time in several weeks, I did this morning's run completely solo. It felt strange to be out there without Jordan or even Scotty, but they'd taken an early morning trip up to a local marathon to help pace a buddy through the final 6-8 miles of his run. Since I knew that I wouldn't be running their pace and I wanted to sleep in for a change, I slept blissfully through Jordan's 7am departure and didn't stir again until almost 9. Heaven.

Wanting to be on some softer surfaces for the second time this week (the first being on the OU rec fields during Thursday's outing), I headed up to the grass track for some easy loops. With hardly any wind to speak of, it was an ideal morning to be out there, and my body was supremely grateful for a reprieve from the pavement. There's talk of taking the long run out to Lake Draper tomorrow, which means more soft surfaces, so we'll keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't rain tonight and spoil our plans.

0 comments: