Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yup, Just Thursday

AM: 4 miles
PM: 74 mins.
10+ miles

I thoroughly enjoyed this afternoon's long-ish run...at least for the first eight miles. By the final fifteen minutes I was dragging and my legs were screaming at me. Fortunately I ran into Jess about 50 minutes into the run (I'd gone out to McAlpine earlier than everyone else), and she joined me for my final three miles before heading off to complete the rest of her run.

However, I'd say the defining moment of the run occurred about ten minutes previously. Yesterday Jordan bragged about running shirtless, and today the weather was nice enough in Charlotte for me to do the same. Granted, I was wearing a sports bra and my shorts were probably longer than his, but this is about as minimal as my running costume gets. As I ran past a group of boys who couldn't possibly be one candle past their 14th birthday, one of them shouted "Yeah girl, you are sexxxxy. You are running haaaard." Thanks kiddos. Way to make an old lady feel special.

0 comments: