Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week in Review

80 miles
2 pool sessions
1 marathon spectated
1 roasted pig


As the French would say, this week of running was just "comme-ci, comme-ca." Basically that means it wasn't anything spectacular. I was glad to see the mileage bump back up to where it should be, but the quality this week was average at best. At least I'm completely free of illness now, so hopefully next week I'll be able to ratchet the intensity back up a few notches.

That said, I had another fantastic weekend with friends and Jordan. I'm so blessed to be able to travel as often as I do (and yeah, okay, sometimes I have to run a race or two en route to the greater good), and I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend with old friends and new ones
. Brian and his housemates were fantastic hosts, Owen put forth a solid performance in his first marathon attempt (although I'm pretty sure he has a slightly different opinion to share), and it was lots of fun surprising Jordan for Valentine's Day. I must admit I was a little sad that he wasn't able to be out there running the race today, but he was a great sport and help to Owen without a trace of pouting. Perhaps next year he will be able to run...and, even less likely, perhaps next year he and Owen will actually be able to win a game in the Brown vs. Dartmouth pong tournament.


Pong table prepares for action

FInally, I need to give a well-deserved shout-out to my buddy Blake Boldon who clocked a blazing 14:00.02 at this weekend's Iowa State classic. He fell only a few seconds short of his 5k PR, and he secured a spot at US Indoors should he choose to use it. Way to go, Blakey!

0 comments: