Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Midterm Schmidterm

AM: 20 mins. core
25 mins. pool
PM: 45 mins.
6 miles

Well, I definitely called it: my legs were quite sore today. Actually, by the time my afternoon run rolled around I determined they weren't so much sore as they were completely dead. Fortunately I was accompanied by Jess and Holly on this jaunt, and we kept the pace nice and easy through Freedom Park and on the greenway. I actually wore short sleeves for the first time in a few weeks and I'm hoping this means the chilly weather is taking a positive turn.

In the evening Jeff and I had a midterm in Theories of Organizational Communication. I felt I'd prepared pretty well, but many of the questions were trickier than I'd expected. On the bright side, I was easily finished and on my merry way by 6:30, which is over two hours earlier than we normally get out of class. To celebrate what was basically a night off, most of the class reconvened down the street at Selwyn Pub for some revelry and merriment. One of my friends and former Brooks coworkers was in town as well, so she met up with us and joined in on the fun. I normally don't enjoy going out around here because smoking is allowed (basically encouraged) at almost all restaurants and bars, but we opted to sit on some of the chairs and couches outside and enjoy the warmth of a few strategically placed heat sources. The fact that it was half price bottle night may have ultimately been to my detriment, but overall it was a great night out with new friends and old.

0 comments: