Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!

AM: 30 mins. core
3 miles
PM: 7 miles
30 mins. pool

Today is my dad's birthday and he is very old. Happy Birthday, Dad!

Moving on: with morning practice canceled for the week, Jordan and I enjoyed a lazy morning of sleeping in before engaging in a semblance of productivity. We did some solid core work before I headed out for an easy three. Jordan's heel was feeling better but he didn't want to push it, so he (wisely) opted to stay behind. I hurried back so we could take a field trip to Smelly Cat coffeehouse for a delicious chai and some internet action.

In the afternoon, Jordan napped for "recovery purposes" while I met the girls for a run at school. Normally we would drive to McAlpine but Scott wanted us in the pool afterward, so we ran from the athletic center instead. Tanya, Jess, Holly and I ran down to Freedom Park, completed a large loop, then ran back through the neighborhoods and took a spin on the "booty loop." I enjoyed the company but my legs felt absolutely awful. From about 10 minutes in I was just wanting this run to be over. For once in my life I was eager to get in the pool, for no other reason than I hoped it would help reenergize my tired legs. If not I might have to put Jordan to use for massage purposes.

0 comments: