Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday. No Clever Title. Just Thursday.

AM: 59 mins. + strides, drills
8 miles
PM: 3 miles

I decided to get my longer run out of the way in the morning, partly because I wanted to procrastinate studying for tonight's test and partly because the wind was supposed to pick up to 25 mph in the afternoon. Tanya needed to get in three miles for her morning shakeout so we hit the road together, mostly sticking to the grass and sidewalks along Queens Road West. I kept the party train going after dropping her off at the prison and headed down to Freedom Park to finish out the run.

It was a gorgeous morning and I was enjoying the sunshine, so I took my time meandering around the park and bike path. At 45 minutes I stopped on one of the soccer fields for some strides, drills and stretching. My hamstrings were noticeably tight today so I did my best to loosen them up, and they seemed a bit better on the jog home.

After spending the rest of the day alternating between studying, napping and otherwise procrastinating, I headed out for another quick jaunt. I ran into Jess and Holly about five minutes in and continued on with them. Holly turned back pretty soon but I continued for 10 or 15 minutes with Jess around the booty loop. It was nice to have company on parts of both jaunts today...now it's time to get packed and ready for my third weekend in a row of travel.

0 comments: