Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Sushi Sendoff

AM: 30 mins. core
10 mins. active stretching
7 miles
PM: 3 miles

When Jordan and I awoke in the warmth and comfort of my prison cell, we were surprised to look out the window and see a healthy dusting of snow on the ground. A quick online check of the weather revealed that it was 21, feels like 8 (!!) and not expected to war
m up much during the day. Needless to say, I was none too eager to get out for my run, but we had a busy day on tap and I could only postpone for so long.

In summary, my run was very cold and very windy. I layered up pretty extensively (clearly learning my lesson from yesterday) before taking a spin past campus and down to Freedom Park. I was amazed to see a handful of people out walking in the park despite the blustery conditions. I mean, at least you warm up while running, but walking?? That would be miserable.
Guess I'm not as hardcore as I thought.


Statue on the edge of campus that I run by every morning

Before taking Jordy to the airport, Jeff and I treated him to the deliciousness that is the $9.95 sushi buffet at Ru Sans. The buffet was resplendent in both variety and quantity, and suffice it to say we got our money's worth. It was a delicious and nutritious way to cap off his visit, and for a moment I was distracted from the inevitability of having to take him to the airport shortly thereafter. I did manage to put him to work moving a few boxes first, so at least I have that.

0 comments: