Saturday, February 28, 2009

When the Rain Comes

47 mins.
6+ miles
30 mins. pool

For the second consecutive day I "enjoyed" a run in the rain. Actually it wasn't that bad, and since I was already soaking wet post-run it made the transition to the pool that much easier. Plus, I've got to say that it is a spectacular feeling to have the run AND cross-training completely finished by 11am. I almost feel guilty this afternoon doing homework and watching TV without the prospect of another run on tap. It's probably just as well, as my legs are pretty zapped from yesterday and the rain is falling harder than ever. Let's hope the sky clears before my long run in the morning...until then I'll try to enjoy my time indoors guilt-free.

I can't stop the rain
From falling down on you again.
I can't stop the rain
But I will hold you til it goes away.
--Third Day, "When the Rain Comes"

0 comments: