Sunday, February 22, 2009

Week in Review

65 miles
25 laps at VA Tech
6 AFDs
5 dining hall meals

This week was a mixed bag. After a solid pre-race on Tuesday and doing all the right things the rest of the week (sleep, nutrition, core, pool, etc.), I closed things out with a less than spectacular 5k on Saturday. The effort was there but the end result was not, and I'm pretty sure "almost" doesn't count in the NCAA. We won't know for another week or so, but odds are I won't be among the field that toes the line in Houston in a few weeks. On the bright side, this might afford me the opportunity to travel to Jacksonville for the Gate River Run 15k instead, which would be a refreshing way to mix things up between indoor and outdoor track. Stay tuned for further developments.

1 comments:

Jilane said...

I'm at the point in my life I didn't even realize it's possible to record 6 AFDs in a week.

Thank you for the humble reminder.