Sunday, February 8, 2009

Week in Review

65 miles
7 states + 1 district in 4 days
(NC, VA, PN, NJ, NY, MD, DE + DC)
25 laps at the Armory
1 bottle of Andre
22 hours in the car with Jeffrey
1 Team MJ run

I don't have the slightest idea where to begin on recapping this week's events, so I probably won't even try. Suffice it to say this weekend was an amazing, exhausting, stressful, exciting couple of days. My 5k at the Armory was very encouraging, and I am cofident I can run faster. I told Jeff yesterday that I want to break 17 minutes during the outdoor season, and there is no doubt in either of our minds that I can accomplish that goal if I'm willing to put in the work. My immediate training goal for the next few weeks before nationals is to kick this cold once and for all and put in some quality mileage and workouts. I don't like being as low as 65 this week, but it was pretty much unavoidable due to Jordan's visit, my sickness and my race prep. I'm kicking off the week with a long run tomorrow so that should give me an early boost in mileage.

Also, to echo what Jilane said today, I was profoundly blessed this week to spend time with so many of my wonderful friends: Jilane, Owen, Jordan, Madeleine (who finally gave in and started her own blog, check it out), Ben, and of course Coach G-Unit, among others. The only person missing was Brookelet! Jilane and I were talking on our run yesterday about how fortunate we are to have found each other and to have formed such lasting friendships despite having only known each other for a short time. There are people who you cross paths with for a reason, people who stay for a season, and friends you keep for life. I am fortunate to have such a wonderful group of lifetime friends, and even more fortunate to have spent time with some of them this week.

1 comments:

Mad said...

It was great seeing you too. You, Jeff, and Jilane convinced me to join this online madness. I give in!!!!

Way to kick ass at the Armory. What an awesome performance! Congrats!!!