Thursday, June 4, 2009

Back on the Streets of Norman

72 mins.
10.5 miles

Due to yesterday's travel we postponed our "half and half" 10-miler to today. Despite the cooler weather this morning my legs were feeling a bit flat and I was wary of the northern wind (which I forgot to look up online, hence not posting the speed above, but I'd put it at 10-15mph). As per usual, I ran 30 minutes solo before joining up with Jordan near our casa on Main St. We jogged another mile before jumping into my tempo, splitting the first mile in 6:31.

While I never felt great on this outing, I definitely felt better than on last week's similar run, at least through three miles. A long uphill into the wind on Timberdell on mile three zapped me (although, paradoxically, this was my fastest mile) and I was left with just enough energy to let Jordan pull me through at the end. My tempo splits in their entirety were 6:31, 6:34, 6:23, 6:32, 6:22.

Jordan also informed me today that he doesn't want to play tennis again until after the race. He claims it's because he's "being smart" for a change, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the hurt I put on him last week.

0 comments: