Friday, June 12, 2009

Destination: Joplin

43 mins. + strides
6 miles

The legs felt great this morning on our short shakeout jaunt. Shortly after 2pm we hit the road in our rental car (which was a PT Cruiser and NOT the Pontiac G6 we were promised), bound for Joplin. A few weeks ago a customer at the store said, "Wow, it's sure pretty up there" when Jordan and I mentioned we were headed to Joplin for a race. I would contend that this man was confusing Joplin with another locale, seeing as how I've spent quite a few Thanksgivings and other holidays there with my mom's side of the family and never once thought, "Wow, it's sure pretty up here." That said, I'm excited to spend the weekend visiting family that I haven't seen in a while and (hopefully) watching Jordan bring home the big bucks.

0 comments: