Wednesday, December 10, 2008

When it Rain, It Pours

59 mins.
~8 miles


My rainy view of downtown on the drive home

The title of this post could very well be the title for my life at this moment. But for blogging purposes, it also serves as the title for my morning run. When I awoke at 6:15 the rain seemed to be taking a break after having fallen on and off all night, and a quick look at the weather forecast on my phone showed that the rain was slated to continue all day. Meredith and I decided to meet at the river for a run in hopes of catching the eye of the storm.

Our hopes held out for about 30 minutes, at which point the skies opened up and the deluge began. We were still in the forested trails for the next ~15 minutes, but as soon as we reemerged on the flat loop we were instantly drenched. As much as I hate starting a run in the rain (and we all know I have an aversion to melting), it was actually kind of fun to tromp around in the puddles for the remainder of the run. Yesterday's warm front has held steady and it was well over 60 degrees, which no doubt helped keep things comfortable. I'm also not nearly as sore as I anticipated from yesterday's track workout, so that kept things pleasant as well. Overall, despite being thoroughly soaked at the end, Meredith and I had a great time out there this morning.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Megan,

I hope you don't mind my reading your Blog. I find it interesting, and often learn more about Jordan here than I do from him! CONGRATULATIONS on your acceptance and scholarship to Queens University. You and your folks must be very proud. I so look forward to meeting you when you join us after Christmas. I know that Gary fairly blubbered on and on about how much he, Roger and their guests loved you. Your are more than welcome here.
Fondly (already),
Suzanne (Jordan's Mom)

Suzanne said...

Oops! I mean Meagan.
Suzanne