Friday, December 5, 2008

Almost a Workout

AM: 4 miles
PM: 3 miles

So this afternoon I had a tempo on tap. Originally Jeff wanted me to do 5 miles at 6:20 pace, but after realizing that I am slow and out of shape he amended this to "6 miles, if you think you can handle it, at whatever pace you can run, don't look at your watch." With the sad state of affairs my running is currently in, I was more than happy to accept the latter instructions.

However, it turned out things were not to be. I opted to drive to the river for the run to stay on the softer surfaces, but by the time I got out there it was cold and almost dark. After one time around the flat loop I was freezing and my stomach was all screwed up and I just wasn't in the mood. I didn't take any mile splits but I did glance at my watch at the finish, and it looks like I did 5k in ~21 minutes, with the first mile being a warm up. That's definitely not fast, but the two miles I ran uptempo actually felt pretty decent. I'm going to give it another go tomorrow, hopefully with better results.

0 comments: