Thursday, December 4, 2008

Massage for My Legs, Lima Beans for My Foot

58 mins. + strides
8 miles

I met Meredith at the river this morning for one of our standard trail runs. She was coming off a few days' break (having run a 5k on Thanksgiving AND a half-marathon on Sunday while visiting her family in Florida) and only wanted to go ~45 minutes, so we turned back a few minutes earlier than usual. After dropping her off I had about 10 minutes to kill, so I jogged out for five and then did some strides on the way back. Overall I'm still feeling a bit sluggish and my foot is sore, but things could be worse. At least I didn't maim myself playing video games like my teammate. Between her ankle, Scotty's foot and my general lack of fitness, Team OK Runner Elite (also known as Team JJJSM) needs to achieve some monumental improvements before next weekend. Who would've thought Jordan would be the healthy one?? The irony abounds.

Also of note, I got a massage tonight. Hopefully this will help my hamstrings loosen up and change my life. Is that too much to ask?

0 comments: