Sunday, December 21, 2008

Leaving On a Jet Plane

60 mins.
8 miles

I got started just after 7am on this cold and windy run. It wasn't quite as windy as last Sunday at White Rock but it wasn't much better either. My legs felt decent and I would've liked to put in more than an hour, but instead I had to hurry back and get ready to leave for my 11am flight.

When I arrived at the Atlanta airport--which is widely known as being the world's busiest--I was greeted with more chaos and bedlam than I have ever seen in one place. I've flown in or out of here on Thanksgiving morning, on the morning before Thanksgiving, on Christmas Eve and on Easter, and I can honestly say things were crazier today than I've ever seen. In fact, I would use "frantic" as the word that most succinctly sums up the mood. Many of the people on my flight were flying standby after having been stranded or delayed at various other destinations and were none too happy with Delta this morning (and on that topic, neither was I, given that I had to pay a princely $40 to check both of my bags). When all is said and done, I arrived safely in Dallas just a few minutes later than my scheduled time, so I suppose I don't have much to complain about.

0 comments: