Sunday, December 28, 2008

Annadel State Park Revisited, or "Please Don't Talk to Me Right Now"

90 mins.
~12 miles

After yesterday morning's hilly run, my legs were fairly banged up today. I wanted to get in a longer effort, but I also requested that we take an easier route. Apparently Jordan was engaging his selective hearing during this conversation, because he proceeded to take me on an even hillier route than yesterday. I was NOT a happy camper. So much so, in fact, that as we were grinding our way up a particularly steep hill and Jordan offered encouragement in the form of, "We're almost to the top," I responded with, "Please don't talk to me right now." And I wasn't kidding.

Once we did finally crest the hill, we had a steep downhill segment for the next few miles. Normally I would appreciate this, but my legs were fairly shot at that point and I was just trying to hang on for the rest of the run. We stopped for a bathroom break at one of the main parking lots, then took a flat road and bike path back for the remainder of the run.

Oh, and I did get over my rage at Jordan later in the run. He could tell I was having a hard time breathing and thought it was because my nose was stuffy (it was, in fact, because I am out of shape and he was killing me out there). We stopped for a few minutes to stretch (read: allow me to catch my breath) and he offered me his gloved hand as a receptacle in which to blow my nose. I decided right then and there that nothing says true love like letting someone blow their nose into your hand. For the record, I didn't do it. But it's the thought that counts.

0 comments: