Monday, December 22, 2008

Feels Like Christmas

AM: 60 mins., Drills
8-8.5 miles
PM: 4 miles

When I awoke at my parents' house in East Texas this morning I was greeted with temps in the low 20s that promised not to rise much during the day. I waited until 9am in hopes of things warming up a bit, but it was still 25 or so with overcast skies and a stiff breeze. At that point I was expecting the worst, and was actually quite surprised at how good I felt out there. My face was quite chilly during a few sections into the wind, but otherwise I enjoyed meandering around the country roads behind my parents' neighborhood for a bit. I returned home and did some drills in their driveway, which is sure to have puzzled any neighbors who may've been watching.

I was looking for some company on my afternoon run and luckily my dad was happy to oblige. By then it was a tropical 31 degrees and still breezy, but like the morning we both warmed up fairly quickly. There's been a mention of sleet tomorrow, which none of us are looking forward to, but I'm hopeful that the conditions will improve. I know it's warmer here than many other places in the country and therefore I shouldn't complain, but come on, people! This is Texas!

0 comments: