Sunday, November 9, 2008

Week in Review

~63 miles
1 elliptical session
1 day in Central Time Zone
2 bags of frozen vegetables

Well, I suppose this was my first week back in the metaphorical saddle. Given that I only ran six days and did zero doubles, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I hit the 60-mile mark. And I gotta be honest, as much as I enjoyed my lackadaisical down week last week, it feels pretty good to reestablish some semblance of a routine. I know I have a long way to go in terms of fitness, and I'm actually starting to feel excited about running again.

That said, there are still some issues. Namely my foot. I'm still icing that bad boy regularly, but it really bothered me toward the end of the long run today and throughout the rest of the evening. If it's the type of thing that will only be ameliorated with a few days or weeks off, then I need to figure that out. If it can be solved with a few more days of RICE therapy, then that would obviously be more ideal since I'm too stupid/stubborn to take time off unless we're dealing with, like, a bone sticking out of my foot or something. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Oh, and we have a new president. Props, America.

0 comments: