Friday, November 7, 2008

Lions and Coyotes and Foxes, Oh My

60 mins.
8 miles

I woke up early this morning and met Jim and Meredith at the river for one of our standard runs through the trails. I haven't seen them since before I left for DC, so it was great to catch up and spend some time together. They're definitely some of my favorite peeps in Atlanta. Also, have I mentioned how beautiful the trees are right now? Yup, they still are. It sure makes running more enjoyable when the scenery feels like something from a postcard.

Also of note, Jim mentioned that he heard recently on the news about coyotes that have been roaming the wooded areas of Atlanta. In fact, a female customer came into his store the other day asking if they had pepper spray because she had seen one on a run recently. So it looks like in addition to worrying about falling or getting lost in the trails, I now have to worry about coyote attacks as well. Awesome. That led me to tell them the story about the woman this week who was bit by a rabid fox while running. She managed to run a mile to her car with the fox still eating her arm before stuffing it in her trunk and driving to the emergency room. Unreal. What a badass.

I was supposed to double in the evening but took a pass, in equal parts because it was pouring outside and because I wanted to rest my foot. I continued the pea/lima bean icing system throughout the day and really started to notice an improvement during the evening. I'm hoping a steady icing regimen can nip this problem in the bud.

0 comments: