Sunday, November 2, 2008

Week in Review

41 miles
3 AFD
1 birthday (geez I'm old)
278 tissues

So, this week obviously wasn't anything to write home about (blog home about?) in terms of mileage. Obviously it was a recovery week from my hard (albeit abbreviated) effort at MCM, not to mention that my burgeoning malaria has put a damper on things as well. My goals for the next few days include trying to shake this sickness, helping elect a Democrat to the White House and trying not to continue eating as though I'm running 90 miles a week.

Like Jilane said in her weekly wrap-up, the latter part of this week has kind of been an emotional letdown. I was only half joking in an earlier post when I said I'm depressed to be back home without my friends. Don't get me wrong, I love Atlanta and all the wonderful people here, but there's nothing like literally having all your favorite people together at the same time, and I suppose it's only natural to feel a bit lonely when that time together comes to an end. As I told Jilane earlier this weekend, there are some friends who whose company you share for just a season and some whom you know and love for a lifetime. I'm lucky to have been able to spend the past week with people who will be in my life for years to come.

0 comments: