Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week in Review

75 miles
5 AFDs
6 loops of Booty
8 runs with friends

I mean, what can I say? I'm just trying to make it through this sweltering Southern heat and humidity one week at a time. The way I see it, every week of the summer that I'm able to put in some quality mileage with friends while staying uninjured is a gift, plain and simple. This week I was lucky enough to run with company every single day. Sometimes you don't realize how much better it is to run with people until you're forced to do without, but in this weather I'm aware of and grateful for the distraction every single day. As for the training itself, well, the real work will come in the fall. I can only hope that magical season is somewhere on the horizon, because I don't know how much more of this we Charlotteans can take.

3 comments:

Gabriel Rodriguez said...

You do realize that you and Jordan are in some sick shape, right?

Unknown said...

well said 承王蓁.

i don't think either of us can wait until the weather changes. first fall day we'll be ready to roll.

Meagan Nedlo said...

thanks, gabe! it's hard to gauge fitness in the middle of the summer but i sure hope you're right!