Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ugh

AM: 1 hour 40 mins. (14 miles)

This long run was disgusting. There's just no other way to describe it. The humidity and dew point were through the roof and I struggled mightily after the first half hour. I suppose it's true that misery loves company because Pezz and I seemed to be hurting in equal measure. Then again, the last time I had an abysmal long run was with her a few weeks ago so perhaps she's just a bad influence. Whatever the case, I shuffled on home up the final hill to the Boyce parking lot as though I'd just finished a marathon. Then I fell asleep on my towel on the ground while I was waiting for Jordan to finish. No, I'm not kidding. In case it weren't already scheduled, I'd say a proper nap is definitely on order for this afternoon.

0 comments: