Thursday, August 12, 2010

Booty Loop Domination

AM: 3 mile w/u
Target: 3x2 miles w/3 mins. rest @faster than Caitlin's MP (6:19)
Actual: 12:07 (6:00, 6:07); 11:38 (5:50, 5:48); 11:24 (5:43, 5:41)
2.5 mile c/d
Total: 11.5-12 miles

This workout was very, very tough. It was also a lot of fun and quite possibly Caitlin's and my best workout of the entire summer. Have I mentioned before that she's in badass shape? She is absolutely destroying all her "marathon pace" workouts, and this one was no exception. Of course, it didn't hurt that we once again had a studly male entourage consisting of Mike, Justin, Lat and Billy. Most everyone seemed to be having an "on" day and we really fed off each other's energy. For more specific details, see Caitlin's detailed recap here.

Also, this workout mini-breakthrough could not have come at a better time, as today I found out I was accepted for the second ADP race I applied for, the US 5k Champs at the CVS Downtown 5k in Providence. I immediately went online to check flights and discovered nonstop tickets for $138! This is delightful news, especially considering that PVD is not the largest airport in the world, so I immediately booked a flight for myself and Jordan for race weekend (September 18-20). Now I have a real, tangible goal (read: to not embarrass myself) that's less than five weeks away! This should give me ample motivation to keep soldiering on through these final brutal weeks of summer.

0 comments: