Monday, August 9, 2010

Accidental Long Run

AM: 90 mins.
12 miles

Well, that got out of hand. What started out as an intended 9- or 10-mile loop gradually morphed into an outing just 10 minutes shy of yesterday's long run. It started when I ran into Jay en route to meeting Caitlin in Freedom Park, where we found that she had brought Matt and John along for the ride. Apparently we'd just missed Matt face planting on Morehead, which was unfortunate (that we missed it, not that he fell). So, as a larger-than-expected group, we embarked along the familiar loop of booty.

About 45 minutes into the run, instead of turning left to head back toward the park, Caitlin continued straight with her domestiques. Since I'd decided to run close to 10 miles I thought I should tag along for a little bit. However, I got a tad carried away and since these weren't my normal streets I wasn't aware of how far I'd gone. By the time I turned around, I was north of the Target shopping center. Considering I live south of Park Road shopping center, this presented a bit of a problem. Not a problem, really, just a boring 30-minute run back home. The upside is that any brief thoughts of doubling in the evening were tossed aside summarily and without guilt.

0 comments: