Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Spinning Our Wheels

AM: 3 mile w/u + strides
Target: 8x800 w/2 mins. rest
Actual: 2:43, 2:43, 2:42, 2:42, 2:40, 2:41, 2:40, 2:39
2.5 mile c/d
Total: 9.5-10 miles

The only thing that makes me happier than working out with Caitlin is coming home from working out with Caitlin and discovering that she's already done a stellar job recapping the workout on her blog. Though one could argue that it's cheating, this development means that I get to be lazy and defer to her description of today's efforts. The one thing I will say, which she touched on briefly, is how much more difficult this felt versus doing a similar workout on the roads a few weeks ago. Today I felt like we were pushing just as hard but only managing 3-5 seconds slower per interval than we were that day. I guess that's the tradeoff for affording the body some time on soft surfaces, and to be honest it's a tradeoff I'm willing to make on occasion to avoid (or postpone) getting injured.

0 comments: