Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week in Review

57 miles
15k on the track
27 points scored by Tanya and me
6th place team
6 AFDs

Wow, I didn't realize my mileage for the week was so low until I just added it up. Guess that's what happens when you only run 20 minutes one day and five miles another. Oh well. Obviously mileage wasn't the goal of the week; performance was, and for the most part I came through when it counted. I would've liked to place top 5 in the 5k and I may or may not be reliving the final 400 meters of the 10k on continuous repeat in my mind, but I realize objectively that I did everything I could and ran my heart out. Can't ask for much more than that.

Also, I just wanted to take a quick second to say thank you again to everyone who supported me this weekend, whether that meant attending my races or sending me a congratulatory text or something in between. This weekend's success was made possible by people who believed in me even when I wasn't 100% sold on believing in myself, and I appreciate that more than you all know. Thanks for everything you do.

0 comments: