Friday, May 14, 2010

Tired

Friday, May 14
AM: 45 mins. (6 miles)
PM: 3 miles
1 mile jogging the curves, striding the straights
2 mile c/d
Total: 6 miles

Thursday, May 13
AM: 5.5 miles
PM: 4.5-5 miles

Wednesday, May 12
AM: 5.5 miles
15 mins. core
Chiro
PM: 3 miles

There's really no need to post a separate entry for each of these days when I'm just going to be saying the same things: "Legs tired, felt crappy, ran slow." Seriously, that sums it up. Tuesday's workout, while probably the best of my entire life, clearly took a lot out of me for the remainder of the week. Fortunately Simmons realized this was the case and voluntarily moved our scheduled Friday predator run to Saturday, plus tweaked it a little bit to make things easier on me and Tanya.

Much more interesting than my boring few days of running is the epic 5k duel that is brewing between myself and Mike Decoste, Brown '04. Check out his blog and Jordan's explanation for all the relevant details. Suffice it to say, come Sunday Mike will either possess a faster 2010 5k time than me, or incur a stress fracture, or both. This is the stuff legends are made of.

0 comments: