Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week in Review

70 miles
25 mins. pool
6 AFDs
14 cookies from Great Harvest
4 days until Nationals

At long last, the countdown to Nationals is almost over. In some ways this season passed in the blink of an eye, but in hindsight the amount of work I've put into the past few months has been staggering. I nailed some crazy workouts and far exceeded my own expectations--my recent 12x800 and 25x300 workouts stand out most in my mind, as well as my 17-mile long run earlier this month--and I've also royally bombed some that should've been freebies (4xmile, anyone?). All things considered, I can say without question that I don't think I could've done anything more to prepare for next week than what I've done this spring. The work is behind me, and now I just need to rest up and prepare for a weekend of racing like I've never experienced before. Let's do this.

0 comments: