Monday, May 3, 2010

Rainy MFPL

AM: 59 mins. (8.5 miles)
PM: 3 miles

Back to Charlotte, back to hot and humid weather. I wouldn't mind hopping the next flight back to Cali, but alas, I suppose I better get used to it. I'd planned to run with Pezz at McAlpine after a work meeting this morning, which naturally meant that it was pouring rain at go time. Instead I opted to go home, wait for the downpour to abate, and hit up a MFPL with Jordan. My legs felt absolutely trashed--and my calves are still wretchedly sore--and it seemed like we were crawling on this run. Instead, I was surprised to discover that we finished the loop in under an hour, more than a minute faster than I've ever run it before. Who would've thought.

That said, I'm going to need a few more days to grow accustomed to this weather and let the leggies recover before I attempt anything hard. Saturday's race took a little bit more after me than I thought.

0 comments: