Sunday, May 9, 2010

Beautiful Sunday

5.5 miles
15 mins. core

First things first: today was absolutely beautiful. For some reason the temps dropped dramatically overnight, which meant the mercury was barely topping 50 when we drove Uptown to meet my parents for a farewell breakfast. A light breeze and abundant sunshine evoked a feeling of autumn, not summer, which I can't say I mind after a week of sweltering heat and humidity. Of course, I would've given a large sum of money for the conditions to have been like this on my long run yesterday, but I suppose we can't have everything.

After breakfast with my parents and a trip to the airport, Jordan and I returned home with a day full of nothing ahead of us. We moseyed out for a run just past 11am, content to keep the pace relaxed and the distance brief. Tradition dictates that Sunday is the designated long run day, but every once in a while it feels pretty darn nice to have it out of the way by 9am on Saturday morning. Nothing ahead on the afternoon agenda but the New York Times, some coffee and perhaps a nap. Perfection.

0 comments: