Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday Long Run

1 hour 34 mins.
13 miles

For those of you who don't live in the area, we're experiencing some record high temperatures here in Charlotte. As I'm typing this entry, we're forecasted for a 90-degree high tomorrow, which would quite literally be an all-time high for this day in history (and a 17-degree increase from the norm). What this means is that although our long run started just past 9am today, we were all shirtless and sweating profusely just a few miles in.

Mercifully, however, I felt none of the breathing problems I experienced yesterday. The pollen count is still high but the humidity is a smidge lower, and apparently the combination was enough to make this run fairly enjoyable. We started out as one big happy family--Jordan, Sean, me, Jenna, Tanya, Simon and a few others--but after a few miles I settled in with Tanya and Jenna for the duration. Considering that last Easter I could barely walk, I was particularly grateful for the chance to run long today. This was a solid way to close out the week.

0 comments: