Sunday, June 22, 2008

Week in Review

~64 miles, 1 hour yoga
(Like Jilane, I have no desire to add minutes)

After adding up my mileage, I was surprised to see that it was as high as it was. I probably haven't run over 60mpw in six months, but the number seemed quite easy to achieve (which is good, because I'm sure my mileage is only going to increase from here). Although I spent the majority of the week feeling stiff and sore, it was a refreshing change and a signal to my body that it's actually doing something significant for once.

As important as the physical manifestations are, what's most significant to me is my attitude. I can't remember the last time before this week that I've woken up excited to go run, much less do a workout or prepare for a double. It sounds corny, but having a purpose for a training and a support system to keep me accountable has already made a world of difference. I know that over the next few months I'll have days and weeks and workouts that suck, and I'm sure there will be times when I just want to quit and sit down with a gallon of Ben & Jerry's (well, I may do that regardless), but I hope that these initial weeks of training and base building will equip me to push through those times and stay focused on the greater goal and purpose for this training cycle. For now, I'm truly enjoying every minute.

I am happy. I am blessed. Life is good.

0 comments: