Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Norman Run/Katy Trail Double

AM: 67:24
9 miles

PM: 25 mins
3 miles

Maybe it was the hour of Wimbledon-esque tennis that Jordan and I played yesterday afternoon, or maybe it was the peach-flavored Lindemans I enjoyed in the shower immediately following, but for whatever reason my legs didn't feel nearly as bad as I was expecting them to this morning. What a refreshing change of pace.

Jordan and I left Campus Lodge circa 8:00 and ran to meet Scotty D for an easy recovery run. We met him along Jenkins just past Lloyd Noble, looped through the neighborhoods, ran back through the OU campus to Brooks and then back to Campus Lodge. The pace was easy and it felt good to run easy after yesterday's workout. Stretched a bit afterward.

In the evening I wogged a very slow 25 minutes in Dallas with my tech rep frienemies: Katie (Adidas), Brittany (Saucony) and Mark (Nike). We hopped on the Katy Trail in the West Village, ran to American Airlines Center on the soft surface and ran back. Capped off the evening with a cookout and a dip in the pool. I suspect my coach will give me a stern verbal lashing for exceeding my mileage requirements today (was only supposed to do a 4/4 double) but running with friends was too tempting to pass up. I'll follow directions for the rest of the week.

0 comments: