Sunday, February 14, 2010

Week in Review

68 miles
45 mins. weights
20 mins. ellip.
25 mins. pool

This week was just about perfect in terms of mileage and intensity. I had a solid shape-cutting workout on Tuesday, a so-so "predator" run Friday and a delightful long run on Sunday. The body is feeling strong and I can tell that my fitness is coming along every single day. I'm also excited to get settled in with the twice-weekly weights routine, as improving my strength and form can only help make me a better runner.

As expected, the performance list filled out quite a bit after big meets at UW, Grand Valley State and Iowa State this weekend. To my surprise, only two girls posted times faster than mine this weekend, making me 5th on the list. One other girl qualified automatically behind me, and two more broke 17 minutes, so we're shaping up to have a nice roster on the track come Nationals. There are still two weeks to qualify, but most of the big meets have come and gone, so I'm not expecting the list to change significantly between now and then.

Also, believe it or not, I'm excited to see the two girls on the list ahead of me because I know it will give me more people to run with in the big race. Their times are less than 10 seconds ahead of what I posted at the Armory, and I'm confident that I'll be in 16:40 shape or better come Nationals. That means no one should be out of reach in the race with the exception of Tanya and Neely Spence.

Four weeks to go!

0 comments: