Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunny Solo

1 hour 35 mins. (13 miles)

Instead of joining the team at McAlpine at 10, I opted to go a bit earlier and complete the long run on my own. I planned this so I could accompany Jordan to the Winter Flight 8k he would be racing early in the afternoon, along with several of our other CRC friends. Instead, Jordan made an uncharacteristically smart game-time decision to opt out, which I'll let him share with you if and when he ever updates his blog.

As for my own run, it was nice and relaxed and not as boring as I expected 13 solo miles to be. Mostly this was due to the weather, which is amazing for the second day in a row. Though the air was still cool at the outset, by halfway through my run I was quite warm and content to bask in the sunshine. The nice morning also brought out plenty of fellow runners, dog walkers, bike riders, and family adventurers, so the constant stream of people kept loneliness at bay. Count this as another successful long run in the books.

0 comments: